Social skills are all about communication and understanding. Being able to express yourself and being able to understand others are the building blocks of any socially adept person, and can have a profound impact on a child’s success later in life. Sometimes it can be hard for adults to explain the importance of learning how… Read More »
Short Description: Air Pong is Air Hockey with no fancy table, puck or paddle, just a ping pong and breathable air. Your group is going to need to stretch out their lungs because the only way to score and defend is to use your own reserves of hot air.
Equipment Needed: Table, tape, ping-pong ball and a whole lot of breaths. You also might want to have a few cases of Altoids around to hand out before the games begin.
Perfect for: Small group meeting, fun tournaments, games nights, etc.
- Form two teams at opposite ends of a table with hands held behinds their backs.
- Place masking tape across the middle of the table, two small pieces of tape 3” from the main piece of tape on each side and two small pieces on each long side of the table, and a foot from each end of the table.
- Play rock, paper, scissors to decide which team serves first.
- Teams use their breath NOT their hands to keep the ball in play.
- Teams must stay behind the smaller pieces of tape at all times.
- If the ball falls off between the pieces of tape 3” from the main tape, no points are scored and the ball is placed in the middle of the table.
- The goal is to try to blow the ball off of the other team’s side of the table.
- Play until one team reaches 10.
Tis the season where many youth leaders are looking for fun activities to play during their holiday party. The other day we were looking for some fun activities for the holiday season and we came across this fun activity.
Enough paper plates and pens for everyone in your group.
Purpose and group size:
“Christmas Plates” is an ideal activity for groups of any size and is perfect for a fun icebreaker activity during a holiday party.
How it’s played:
The players put their paper plate on their heads and follow the series of instructions listed below. They are to draw on their paper plates (that are on their heads) without looking.
1. Draw a line for a floor.
2. Draw a Christmas tree. Add decorations if you feel so inclined.
3. Draw a star on top of your tree.
4. Draw a fireplace with a mantel next to the tree.
5. Draw a stocking hanging from the mantel of your fireplace.
6. Draw a present below the tree.
After the six steps have been given, let everyone look at their masterpieces.
Get ready for a serious giggle fest.
Then have players count up how many points they received by following this rubric:
1. 2 points if the tree touches the floor.
2. 2 points if your stocking is touching your mantel.
3. 1 point if your star touches your tree.
4. 1 point if your star is above your tree.
5. 1 point for every Christmas ornament ball that is ON your tree, etc.
6. 1 point if your fireplace doesn’t touch the tree (it’s a fire hazard!). 🙂
7. 1 point if you actually drew something decorative on your stocking (or something cute, like a tiny kitten peeking out).
8. 2 points if your present is under your tree.
The player with the most points should receive a really awesome prize.
Supplies needed: Each team has 9 foam squares or blocks, each with a number on it. The numbers are 1 through 9. Purpose and group size: To solve the mathematical problem as a group (4-15 people per team). How it’s played: 1. Set up: Place the nine foam pieces in a grid similar to that… Read More »
Purpose: Mixer, table game Group size: Smaller group of 6-12. Supplies: A pair if dice (any size or color), a pen, and a sheet of paper (try to avoid small sheets), and preferably a table that everyone can fit around fairly snugly.
Purpose: Energizer, effective and creative communication. Group size: 30 – 120 Supplies: 1 Whistle; 6 cones/markers to mark Launch Zone; 3 hula hopes, 3 f Frisbees, 3 Balls and rubber chicken or other object as bonus item. How to play: 1. Each team chooses 1 person to be their Goalie. Goalies stand inside their team’s… Read More »
Supplies: None Game Prep: Instruct everyone to make a fist with their dominate hand. Have them open their fist like they are looking through a periscope. Have them place their open fist over one of their eyes while closing their other eye. To complete the scope of the periscope, they need to place their other… Read More »
Supplies: (1) foam noodle cut in half (you’ll use both halves). (1) 5 gallon pickle bucket or trash can.Enough spot markers for each participant. Purpose: Fun icebreaker, get to know you game. Instructions: Have everyone stand in a circle but have them face towards the outside of the circle. Choose two youth to stand inside… Read More »
Purpose: Teamwork, planning, problem solving. Group size: 12- 15 people per team Supplies: Five books, blocks or boxes. Duct tape. Instructions: 1. Objective: Your company has built an underwater oil rig, unfortunately, you built it in the wrong place! Your mission is to relocate the rig one piece at a time being very careful not… Read More »
Purpose: Great time killer game, fun competition, could be a tournament. Group size:Any Number Supplies:Tape and Ropes Instructions: 1. Set up: Tape two squares on the floor about 5-6 feet apart. Duct tape made into a rope. NOTE- make sure to use the heavy duty kind — Ha ha! Or you can use a rope… Read More »