Tis the season where many youth leaders are looking for fun activities to play during their upcoming holiday parties. In fact, just the other day we were looking for some fun activities for the holiday season ourselves, and we came across this fun activity.
Enough paper plates and pens for everyone in your group.
Purpose and Group Size:
“Christmas Plates” is an ideal activity for groups of any size and is perfect for a fun icebreaker activity during a holiday party.
How to Play Christmas Plates:
The players put their paper plate on their heads and follow the series of instructions listed below. They are to draw on their paper plates (that are on their heads) without looking.
1. Draw a line for a floor.
2. Draw a Christmas tree. Add decorations if you feel so inclined.
3. Draw a star on top of your tree.
4. Draw a fireplace with a mantel next to the tree.
5. Draw a stocking hanging from the mantel of your fireplace.
6. Draw a present below the tree.
After the six steps have been given, let everyone take a look at their masterpieces.
Get ready for a serious giggle fest!
Then have players count up how many points they received by following this rubric:
1. 2 points if the tree touches the floor.
2. 2 points if your stocking is touching your mantel.
3. 1 point if your star touches your tree.
4. 1 point if your star is above your tree.
5. 1 point for every Christmas ornament ball that is ON your tree, etc.
6. 1 point if your fireplace doesn’t touch the tree (it’s a fire hazard!). 🙂
7. 1 point if you actually drew something decorative on your stocking (or something cute, like a tiny kitten peeking out).
8. 2 points if your present is under your tree.
The player with the most points should receive a really awesome prize!